Services

Man Doors

Hardware

Industrial Doors

Shutters & Grilles

Specialties

 

 

About Us

SM Clappison Heritage

S.M. Clappison Ltd's long involvement in the door/window industry goes back to 1953 when Philip H Clappison a young tool and die maker in Brampton Ontario began selling aluminum storm doors and windows in the evenings after work.

By 1956, Philip had left the tool and die industry to establish Clappison Aluminum a residential door and window distributor. In 1959, with two partners, he founded Viceroy Windows, a manufacturer of residential windows. During the mid 60's he again entered contracting with Viceroy Sales and Service .

By 1970, Philip discontinued manufacturing and concentrated on distributing residential windows until 1978 when he left the industry to build industrial malls. In 1985, his son, Stephen joined him but soon branched out into industrial/commercial interior construction with a special interest in architectural doors and hardware. Viceroy Sales and Service was reactivated and became S.M. Clappison Ltd.

In 1997, the company added pvc strip curtains, dock seals and fabric enclosures and in 2000, power roll up doors. By 2006, the company was also installing rollshutters and traffic doors. Today, S.M. Clappison Ltd continues a family tradition started in 1953 of supplying and installing doors with quality, integrity and service.

List of Clients

  • Marsland Center, Waterloo
  • Ferraro Rocher Canada, Brantford
  • Liftway , Brantford
  • Economical Insurance, Waterloo
  • Bingemans, Kitchener
  • University of Guelph
  • DC Foods, Waterloo
  • Boehmer Box, Kitchener
  • Canadian Blood Service
  • ING Real Estate Missisauga
  • Bimeda Cambridge
  • Novocol, Cambridge
  • Waterloo Regional Housing